Is it possible to delete multiple cards from a list in Trello all at once? It's a pain to select each one and delete.
I've been suffering with the difficulty Trello puts in deleting cards for a long time, now I've put together this Batch actions for Trello almost exclusively to allow me to delete a lot of cards.
You use it totally from the client side, there is no server. Just authorize your Trello account, you'll be shown a list of boards, select one, them multi-select the cards you want and select the "Delete" action.
It is a work in progress, but it can already perform deletions.
Just use shortcuts. You can select the first one that you want to delete and the press on
C as fast as possible. I think it's faster than even doing the multiple select and then deleting a card. Also press
? to find more useful shortcuts.
You can do this Workaround:
- Archive the list of cards you want do delete
- Copy the entire board with the option "Keep cards" checked
Doing that, the new board will not have the archived cards. PLEASE NOTE that this is a (ugly) workaround. Since you copied the board, your board and all your cards will be actual new board and cards, with new permalinks and all. They'll NOT have their activity log anymore (including comments on the card). You'll also have to add your team members once again. This solution may or may not suit your needs.
Found this nice chrome browser extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/multiselect-for-trello/jlnfnpelianecpjoeahaeihmkhnkakof?pli=1&authuser=1&_ind=category%252Fextensions&_asi=1
Manage and modify multiple cards at once NEW: You can now add/remove Custom Fields to multiple cards
Access the power of performing an action on multiple Trello cards at once. Select multiple cards or an entire list, open the Actions menu and apply an action to every selected card. It's just that simple.
- Check the cards manually or with Ctrl / Command (OS X) + click.
- Select cards individually or the entire list. List selection even works with applied filters.
- Assign multiple labels, or remove them, for all cards selected.
- Assign multiple members, or remove them, for all cards selected.
- Move/Copy cards to another Board, List or even position in list.
- Append/Prepend text to cards title/body.