Given I liked the ad video between the videos, I'd like to note the direct video address of it, so I can save and watch it again later on. How can this be achieved?
While on the ad video, right click on the content and choose Copy debug info. Then paste the content in any textarea or editor (such as notepad) and search for the line consisting
Once you copy the text string, you can replace it with your original video, e.g.
The methods above have changed.
Right click the video, copy debug code into a text editor and search for a tag that reads addebug_videoId
For example: "addebug_videoId": "xosjZoWeoIU"
So your YouTube video URL would look like this:
This product works great by the way :)
Right Click on Video
Copy Debug info.
Paste it in a Text editor, Like Notepad.
Tap Ctrl+F and search for "VideoID" or "AdDocID" (Not Lower Case Sensitive).
you will find Video ID there (Lower Case Sensitive)
(ID in form of
, add it to end of "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v="
with this link you can go to Video directly.
"Stats for nerds" Contain same Video ID of playing AD, But it can't be copied.
Search for VideoID
Okay, so, seriously, none of these worked for me... but you know what? I just paused the video on the ad and then right clicked and did "copy video url" and that url? Was the ad. So you don't have to do all this complicated stuff.
- Pause advertisement.
- Right click on video.
- Choose "Copy video URL" option.
- Paste into new tab or window.
- Hit enter.
It legitimately worked for me just now. I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcPufDaW_nY and managed to get the URL for this advertisement https://youtu.be/EeRADNpdKD4 with this method.
Mobile / Android users; adding the solution here I came looking for:
- The same debug info / "stats for nerds" options exist for Youtube on the mobile site (In most versions of Chrome, and presumably most other mobile browsers)
- Look at the normal 3 dots/bars browser menu button in the upper righthand side
- Scroll the browser page downwards (as if to refresh the page), a second menu button will appear, just below
- Tap the second Menu button, then tap Playback Settings
- Tap Stats for Nerds
- Dismiss the dialog menu by tapping off of it, and a video stats overlay will remain displayed
- Copy the 11+ alphanumeric string that follows Video ID / sCPN
- In the usual youtube link, replace the text following "watch?v= ____"
Regarding Megaera Vanbure's Sept 27 2020 comment to 'just Right-Click' a (desktop web) browser video. This only works on some versions/OS. Usually you get the default youtube-specific context menu options.
OK seems like a few folk are trying to do the same thing. A really cool ad you want to catch and share with your friends. Right?
Hit pause to stop the ad. You can't rewind or replay it
Right click and select "Copy debug info"
Paste this into a text editor (or anywhere you can edit it)
Search for "ad_docid" you should find a line that reads "ad_docid": "THE ID YOU NEED",
Create the string: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THE ID YOU NEED
cut and paste this string into your browser
e.g. ad_docid reads "ad_docid": "zoYjXvtRkIA",
copy as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoYjXvtRkIA into your browser.